Saturday, March 15, 2008

6 sec.

contesting thoughts
that just aren't mine
i start to hold breath
one mississippi...
two mississippi...
three...four missis...
i put up my hypothetical lighter
lawd knows i dont smoke...shit stinks
continuing on to wave my white flag in the air
although
there's no one there to hear
my surrender, half assed as it may be
i continue on
in the same spot
in that same frame of mine
i continue on
to quit
battling shadows
that again are not mine
and i continue on
to smite gods
that also do not have my trademark
pressed upon their spiritual asses
as i strive to realize
that all i have is my breath
and an ounce of air
to satisfy my urges
and oh yea it's been awhile
...five mississppi.
oh yeah i've got the feeling
...six mississppi
right on...right on
...where the hell is mississppi any way?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home