Thursday, August 30, 2007

i wonder if i take u home>>>will u respect me in the morning???

i dive into a heart that really matters
into waters that lead to rivers
and rivers that lead into oceans
that lead into other oceans
in other worlds
allowing me to taste
scones in the earl grey thames
followed by the smell of croissants
flowing off the aude basin
and right into the wheat fields along the nile
intoxicated by the lingering scent of ancient fermentation
i exhale myself out passed the desert
and into the land of the jerk pork
the akume, fufu and stews of the senegal kind
and i feel at home
i've found my way to the heart that matters
free from the apple pies...especially those of the mcdonalds kind.

1 Comments:

Blogger soumynona said...

respect denotes another look
a deeper view into that first impression and I'm already giving you much respect
I like the poetry

8/30/2007 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home